Scary Encounter



"I swear there is a ghost! It was right there" I point to our library's old, rickety bookshelf. Despite the many books, the books are kept behind a glass door.

*****

In 5th grade, my other three friends and I were tasked with the cleaning duty in our class. But, since the library room is next to our classroom, we had to clean it too. After we finished cleaning our classroom, we took a break. We talked about our homework and gossiped. It was nearing 3:00 PM, and soon, the sky tinged with orange. My other three friends are still taking a break in the classroom talking, despite my remedy that we have to hurry. I open the library room. I turn on the light, and the room is dusty and musty. A figure caught my eyes. From the glass reflection: a tall figure dressed in a long wedding gown, pale, and her smile is wide red, from her forehead, there is a trail of blood reaching down to his lips.

I screamed and bolted off the room. My friends who had just arrived looked at me in confusion. With fear, I point at the bookshelf.

"There is a ghost! There! Right there" Three heads look at the bland bookshelf and see nothing.

"There is nothing" Nanda dismissed my worries, and soon the three others entered the room without care.

My heart pounded like a drum, and adrenaline rushed into my vein. Fear filled my head. I described the scary woman and told them about the scary lips and bloodied face, and Nanda's face crept to fear. The other two boys were scared, but they didn't seem to care. Since I'm too afraid to refill the mop water, Nanda accompanies me to the bathroom while the other 2 sweep the library floor. When it's my turn to mop, I can't help but glance at the bookshelf, expecting the scary woman to appear again. Although the other two boys weren't that afraid, we made plans to stick together. At 4:00 PM, we finished cleaning the library room. Adam, one of the boy, turn off the light. Slowly, he closes the door and locks it. We pick up our bags from the classroom and turn off the light. Despite my fear subside, I couldn't enter the library room again. Except if anyone is accompanying me. My ghost story became a hit in the school, and the scary library ghost soon became a staple.

Post a Comment

0 Comments