Vacation Dialogue To New York City



Vacation Dialogue

Daniel: Hi, Milea. How do you do?

Milea: Hi Daniel, I'm great, how about you? 

Daniel: Fantastic, but I hope the school doesn't start so early. I miss the holidays already.

Milea: don't we all hope so, anyway. It's great to see you again. 

Daniel: Me too. My day just goes brighter when I see you. 

Milea: You haven't done your homework again, don't you?

Daniel: ah…you know me so well.

Milea: please tell me you weren't playing video games all day during your holiday?

Daniel: of course not

Milea: Fine, I will lend it to you at lunchtime. But, you have to buy me a taco. 

Daniel: sure! You are a lifesaver. Anyway, Where did you go on your holiday?

Milea: You won't believe it. I went to New York City with my sister for a few days. It was just a short trip because she had an exam the following week. 

Daniel: really? That is awesome. 

Milea: It is. We had a great time. I wish I could turn back time so I could do it again.

Daniel: What did you do in New York?

Milea: Well, we visited a couple of places like the statue of liberty, Grand Central Terminal, and Central park. 

Daniel: That is cool, so you went to the Statue of Liberty. How was it?

Milea: It was amazing. Before we saw the Statue of Liberty, we had to go there using a ferry ship. Luckily, We had already booked the ferry ticket online, so we didn't have to wait in line.

Daniel: What does the statue look like? Is it big?

Milea: It is! The statue is ginormous, and when you approach it, it looks even bigger. We both took a lot of selfies.

Daniel: I'm so jealous of you. Where did you go next?

Milea: We went to Times square. My sister had been dying to see those bright screens of Times square. 

Daniel: How was it? Is it crowded?  

Milea: So much so that we couldn't even walk properly without bumping into someone else. As it turned out, we were arriving during rush hour. We could see the big screen after battling our way through the crowd. My sister and I were astounded by the size of the screen. We took a lot of selfies, but our father told us to be aware of scammers at Times Square; they usually dress up in character and demand a lot of money if you take pictures with them.

Daniel: I see. I will keep that in mind.

Milea: Anyway, we were so hungry after all the trips. So, we went looking for this famous burger restaurant called Five guys when it suddenly rained, so we hurriedly took shelter under the New York subway station. 

Daniel: That must be awful. 

Milea: The good news is they had a small convenience store. So, we bought a snack. 

Daniel: So what do you do then? You cannot leave the subway since it rained.

Milea: After a lengthy discussion, we decided just to explore the city using the Subway. We went from New Jersey and Manhattan to Brooklyn before stopping at the Grand Central Terminal.

Daniel: No, way! Aren't their many films shot in that place? 

Milea: Yes, it is! You would be shocked at how magnificent the station is. We visited many places, but there is nothing like Grand Central station. Did you know that if you were lying around on the floor and looked up at the ceiling, you could see many patterns of stars? It was beautiful! 

Daniel: Wow, I didn't know. But wait, are you lying on the floor? 

Milea: Of course not, but I saw some people do, but the guard kicked them out. So, I just looked up at the stars while standing up. It didn't make a difference. You could still see the stars anyway. 

Daniel: That is cool. How much does the train ride cost? I hope it's not too expensive. 

Milea: you won't believe it, but it cost us just 5$ including the Metro card. So in total, we just spent 10$ on the train ride.

Daniel: No way! That is so cheap. 

Milea: yes, I couldn't believe what I saw either. Oh, and if you want, you can use my card if you are going to New york. So you don't have to repurchase the card. Just use mine.

Daniel: Thank you! it will help me a ton. 

Milea: You are welcome.

Daniel: So what did you do after? Don't you get worn out?

Milea:  We had been traveling all day, so we were so exhausted that we just called for a taxi. Even though it was costly. We were still late because we got stuck in traffic. After all, there had been an accident. 

Daniel: The price of the taxi must cost you a fortune.

Milea: it is. You won't believe how expensive it is. The price is almost worth the cost of our journey combined, but It was a great experience. We can also see New York under the city and also above it. It's a win-win.

Daniel: I think so, so where were you staying?

Milea: We stayed at the Old Broadway Hotel, a decent hotel with a great price. 

Daniel: That is great, and what about the next day? What do you do?

Milea: The following day, we visited Central Park, but before that, we had bought pizza at Ray's pizza and 2 bottles of soft diet coke, and then we laid out a simple picnic blanket right next to the lake. So, it's like a picnic.

Daniel: Wow, that sounds amazing. 

Milea: It was, but we wish we hadn't eaten so much. I feel like my stomach could explode.

Daniel: Your holiday seems excellent.


Post a Comment

0 Comments