New Roommate - English Conversation

 



Three people in conversation - Liana, Marissa, and Dylan.

Liana: "Hello, I'm Liana, your new roommate."

Marissa: "Hello, I'm Marrisa. Nice to meet you."

Liana: "It's a pleasure, so this is the apartment? It's very spacious and lovely."

Marissa: "It is, although it's a bit difficult to keep clean."

Liana: "That's unfortunate, but maybe we could divide chores to clean the room."

Marisa: "That's great. We could divide the chore of cleaning the living room and kitchen. "

Liana: "Sure, btw. Where are you from, Marissa?"

Marissa: "I'm from Dallas, Texas."

Liana: "Wow, Texas? that is so far."

Marissa: "It is, but I'm happy to live here. Our apartment is much closer to campus, and I

don't have to worry about the sun blistering my skin."

Liana: "Texas sounds very hot."

Marissa: "You bet it is. It took me a while to adjust to New York's cold temperature. Where

are you from, Lianna?"

Liana: "I'm from Alaska. it's my first time going so far from my hometown."

Marissa: "You must be nervous?"

Liana: "I am, but I'm also excited to live here. New York is such a vibrant city. I've never seen

a building so tall. It almost reaches the sky."

Marissa: "It is. Maybe I could take you to the Empire State Building? There you can see the

view of the entire city, and It's not far from here. We could take a bus, and it will be just 20

minutes away."

Liana: "I would love that! Do you know where my room is? I want to put my things away."


Marissa: "Of course, your room is that way. Let me help you."

Liana: "Thank you. Is there another tenant beside us?"

Marissa: "Yes, Dylan, he lives next to your room, but he has science class now. He won't be

back until noon."

Liana: "What does he look like?"

Marissa: "Dylan is friendly, he keeps his stuff clean and is probably the tidiest guy I know, but

he can be zombie-like in the morning if he doesn't have his coffee yet."

Liana: "I will keep that in mind. Thank you for helping me out, Marrisa."

Marissa: "No problem. Besides, what is a roommate for."

Liana: "Right! I just remembered, here. It's a hot choco from Alaska. My folks used to make

this for Christmas. I brought this as a warming gift."

Marissa: "Thank you, Liana. That's very kind of you. I'm going to put this in my room."

Dylan: "Hey, you must be the new roommate. I'm Dylan."

Liana: "Hey, Dilan. I'm Liana. Nice to meet you."

Dylan: "Nice to meet you too. I hope you don't have too much trouble moving into your

room."

Liana: "Not at all. Marissa helps me move my stuff to my room."

Dylan: "I'm glad to hear it, btw. What major are you in, Liana?"

Liana: "I'm an English literature student, how about you? What major did you take?"

Dylan: "I'm an Engineering student, and if you are not busy, I could give you a tour around

the campus."

Liana: "Thank you so much. I appreciate it. It's been an overwhelming day. It's the first time I

went very far from my house."

Dylan: "Where are you from?"

Liana: "I'm from Alaska, so it's my first time living in big cities like New York."

Dylan: "Yeah, New York could be overwhelming. I had problems too when I arrived here. The

city never slept."

Marisa: "Hi, Dylan. I didn't know you were back?"

Dylan: "My last class got canceled."


Marisa: "You could work on your assignment then. I heard your due date is tomorrow. Oh,

and Dylan, have you met Liana? She is our new roommate. "


Dylan: "I have. I heard you helped her move her stuff. I wish I could help"

Marisa: "There isn't much stuff to move anyway, and if you want, you could give Liana a tour

around this area."

Liana: "Dylan, just offered me that. I really appreciate you guys helping me out. I hope I'm

not bothering you guys."

Marissa: "Of course not, don't worry about it. We know what moving in for the first time feels

like, so we want to help."

Dylan: "Yeah, don't sweat it, liana. It's not a big deal. Besides, it's an excellent chance for me

to introduce you to our neighbour. We usually had a potluck once a month. And they will be

happy to have more members joining."

Liana: "That sounds amazing. I couldn't wait. Oh - and Dylan, this is for you. Hot cocoa from

Alaska, it's a housewarming gift."

Dylan: "Wow, thank you."

Liana: "You are welcome."

Marissa: "Since we are here, how about ordering some food. Have you tried Indian food

before, Liana?"

Liana: "I haven't had the chance. There aren't many Indian restaurants in Alaska. But I heard

Tikka Masala is very delicious."

Marissa: "Great, I know an Indian restaurant near here. Their Tikka Masala is to die for.

Believe me. "

Dylan: "Yup, it's delicious."

Liana: "I can wait to taste it. But I hope it's not too spicy because my stomach doesn't really

agree with spicy food."

Marissa: "I'll make sure to order a lower spice level."

Liana: "Excellent, thank you, Marrisa. I'm going to open my box real quick, and then I see

you guys in the living room."

Marissa: "Sure. I'm going to order food for us."

Dylan: "I'm going to finish my assignment for a moment. I will meet you guys when the food

arrives."

Post a Comment

0 Comments